EFE and the Western Union Foundation will hold a virtual discussion on the results of a recent study conducted by EFE: "COVID-19 and Youth Employment in Jordan and Palestine: Impacts, Opportunities, and a Way Forward". The report draws on youth and employer survey results to document the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on young people, with an emphasis on vulnerable youth including refugees in Jordan, youth in Gaza, and young women. The report also charts a path for workforce development organizations, funders, and policymakers to support the integration of youth in the labor market during the COVID-19 recovery. The presenters will discuss findings relating to:
- Youth employment trajectories during the pandemic.
- Youth interest in virtual freelancing jobs.
- Employer hiring projections and demand for skills.
- Promising sectors for youth employment during the COVID-19 recovery.
- Elizabeth Roscoe, Executive Director, Western Union Foundation
- Ghadeer Khuffash, CEO, EFE-Jordan
- Saro Nakashian, CEO, EFE-Palestine
- Ashley Barry, Director of Strategy and Learning, EFE-Global
- Sarah Little, Director of Programs and Business Development, EFE-Global
This is part of EFE’s #MomentumSeries.